The Wellington Works
Built in 1866 the works was subject to many alterations and extensions. Early illustrations show a two story building, later the buildings formed a quadrangle enclosing a court yard. The information given for the main building is as it would have probably been in 1887.
A new factory was built opposite on Longley Street & Ironmonger Lane around 1897.
Click on a blue spot - a description of the operations carried out in that area factory will appear in a new window.