The site of the former coastguard lookout has now been adapted for use as a visitor centre. It will take visitors through the history of the area from about 400AD to the present time. To adapt the lookout building which was built on the inner rampart of the fort, over 300 tons of rubble put there by the Picts some 1500 years ago was removed by hand.
Burghead visitor centre has now been awarded three star grading and mobility access certificate from Visit Scotland.
The centre is open from 12 to 4pm daily until the end of September.
The display this year consists of photographs of recent archaeological finds near Burghead.
Pictures & Drawings © Burghead Headland Trust