THE FRAKNO THYMOL FRAME|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE (National Only)
1. Sprinkle 12g of Thymol crystals through the mesh onto the
filter cloth, below, ensuring maximum surface area coverage.
2. Remove one frame from the side of the brood box and replace
with the THYMOL FRAME. If your hive is a warm way configuration place
the frame as far away from the entrance as possible.
3. Once all the crystals have evaporated remove the frame.
4. Treatments should be carried out twice a year, once during
the first two weeks of May and the second time at the end of July and
beginning of August.
5. Thymol does not kill varroa mites. It does, however, upset
its reproductive system. The female cannot mate within the cell of
the bee and once it emerges with the young bee, it falls from the
comb and dies and cannot, therefore infest another cell.
6. Thymol is an anti-fungicide and as such is particularly
useful in controlling chalkbrood.
7. To slow down the build up of propolis on the epoxy mesh and
the fume chamber slits it is beneficial to smear these areas with
8. It is useful to place a sheet of B.S. Shallow Wired Drone
Base foundation in the lower half to attract the mites to the frame.
We would recommend alternating treatments between Thymol and Bayvarol