Use the Browser to return to original page or click on the individuals name below the photo.

 

     
   
  This view of J H Flavell's shop was taken about 1907. The shop stands opposite the junction of Bell Green Road and Henly Road, looking towards Henly Green. The sign over the door shows that Mr Flavell is baker, grocer and beer retailer, trades carried out by the family at this location for over 40 years previous. The blind hanging over the shop window suggests summer weather. According to David Fry and Albert Smith in " The Coventry we have lost" from which this postcard by "Express Photo Co" is copied, the shop occupied "the rather grandly named Bell Green House".  

MORE PHOTOS

HOME

Use the Browser to return to original page or click on the individuals name below the photo.