Park Farm Hotel
This Georgian-styled house described in an 1841 sales document as a newly-erected farmhouse, stands a long way back on the south side of the turnpike where it leaves the village on the way to Wymondham. Pinkish-white gault bricks used at the front and sides undoubtedly influenced its earlier names: White Hall and then White House Farm.
Although it has been converted for hotel use, the front has retained most of its original character. There is a double range of five bays including one in the centre breaking forward with a pediment. Wood modillions are at the eaves. A central doorway, which has been renewed, stands under a square portico supported by Tuscan columns. Five windows on the first floor and four on the ground are recessed sashes with twelve panes, set in moulded surrounds. Double gables at either end support recent building extending the hotel to the right, and adding, in 1992, a fitness and leisure centre, with swimming pool, to the left, and afullyequipped gymnasium above. Barge boards finish the gable ends and soffits with modillions continuing round. Red bricks are used at the rear with gault bricks at the quoins. Four modern replacement windows are visible on the first floor but a ground floor extension covers lower openings.
The house retains its original staircase with a mahogany rail which sweeps round opposite the front entrance. It became an hotel in 1954.